Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chloie is 5 1/2 months old

Chloie rolled over for the first time yesterday!! It was an accident and she cried but she did it all on her own. In fact I didn't even see said roll over. I just heard her crying and she was on her back, when I had put her on her stomach. I am so proud. :) I was getting worried that she only wanted to walk. I thought maybe crawling and being on the floor was too far beneath her. She loves to stand and she will walk around when I hold her hands and start walking forward. It's so cute. So to get everyone up to date on the status of Chloie: she has started to sit up and roll over (saying that sounds like she's a dog), she holds her own bottle, she started eating solid foods a few days before she turned 4 months old and she loves it (see video on the Rock's blog to the right ----->), she loves to make lots of noise every morning when she wakes up (noises ranging from growls, to screams, to laughing, to raspberries, to babbling), she sleeps really well through the night, and she is a good baby. She has her many precious moments when I would like to get away from her, but mostly she is a good girl.
Brandon and I are enjoying parenting. We like to pretend she can understand us and practice congratulating her and scolding her for the little things she does or doesn't do. She just smiles or raspberries us. Today she started sticking her tongue out while she raspberried us instead of just with her lips. It was very effective. Brandon is doing well and loves his job and I am working to keep this house in order and taking care of Chloie. We have callings in our ward as the Valiant 10 teachers. We like teaching together. We have about twelve 10 year olds that we are in charge of and they are good kids. It truly is the simple principles of the gospel that are important and help us to grow and become like our Heavenly Father. The key is to concentrate on making ourselves better and thinking about what we can do each day to become more like who we know we can be.
Brandon and I took Chloie on her first campout last weekend. It was from Friday night to Saturday afternoon. She slept right through the night from 8:30pm to 6:30am. It was perfect. We played cards all night and Chloie slept. We should take advantage of this while we can, before she is mobil and crazy. I have about a bazzillion pictures of Chloie that I would love to share on here but I don't have much time before Chloie starts getting restless after her nap. She is awake but laying on the couch sucking on her arm. Yummy! Talk to you again soon.

No comments: